Velos is looking for Danish intern to develop sales & marketing skills in London
Do you want to be part of a growing British company located just by London Bridge?
Velos Insurance Services is looking for a Danish intern with excellent sales and marketing skills.
As an intern you will participate in the daily activities and chores of the Velos office. The main tasks are to support the underwriting team and the Sales & Marketing Manager of Denmark. You will be working in an international environment with great opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge within market entry, marketing strategy planning and how to increase of sales.
Velos Insurance Services is located in the City of London, where we are looking to grow our market shares of boat insurances in Scandinavia, starting with the Danish market. We have been in Denmark for nearly three years, however our increasing efforts and growing client base has proven that we can grow even more!
Your work consists of various tasks such as:
- Sales procedures with underwriting team
- Assist with insurance quotations
- Customer service and managing incoming calls
- Email correspondences with currents clients and potential customers
- CRM system updating
- Business Analysis, Market Research, Customer Behavior
- Develop understanding of boating industry
- Lead generation – new customers
- Research of new customers
- Identification of potential target groups
- Research of new collaboration with boat dealers, boat clubs etc.
- Market research of database of existing clients
- Prepare and send of newsletter
- Assist in the digital marketing / promotion of social media
- Social Media monitoring (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram)
- Website maintenance
- CMS – Content Management System: update webpages and news stories
- Google Analytics: maintain high search engine results and link sharing
- Project management when preparing for Boat Shows
- Follow-up of market boating trends
- General office administration
Your skills set include:
- Enrolled in a higher education within communication, sales and marketing
- Is outgoing, driven, committed, and ready to take responsibility
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be self motivated
- Proficiency in English and Danish at a high level both written and oral
- Good administrative and organisational qualities
- Good IT understanding
- Good telephone manners
- Knowledge of the insurance business is a plus, but not necessary
- Knowledge of boats and marine culture is a plus, but not necessary
Danish citizenship is required. The internship is a full-time position. Velos provides the intern with a contribution to transportation in central London equivalent to a 2 zones travel card. There are no entitled holidays included in the internship, but you will get off work on regular UK Bank holidays. The internship is a minimum two to five months from May/June. You will be responsible for finding your own accommodation and flight transportation from Denmark to London, UK.
Your application letter and CV should be submitted in English by email only and contain an up-to-date picture of yourself to att. Christine Vu, Business Development Manager, by email email@example.com
We could also request to see an employer reference or list two names of reference with contact details. Telephone interviews will be conducted in English.
If you have any questions, please contact Business Development Manager Christine Vu on DK phone 80889922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Velos Insurance Services
Velos Insurance Services has been providing marine insurance to boat owners and businesses since 1975 in the UK.
Our team of marine insurance specialists has over 50 years of accumulated experience. Applying this experience we are able to offer competitive rates to clients and the best possible cover for their marine insurance needs.
We’re able to assist in handling insurance for yachts and pleasure crafts, small commercial boats and fishing vessels. We can also arrange insurance for cargo and goods in transit and marine trades’ policies.
Above all we are committed to providing exceptional service. Our friendly and efficient staffs are here to help every step of the way and to answer any questions. We respond rapidly to quotation requests, issue documentation as quickly as possible and if to make a claim, we will handle everything sympathetically, professionally and rapidly.